Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Distance

I like the video screens blocking out artificially created nature and the intense amount of stimuli that it creates, BUT...as a permanent campus environment it might not always be necessary or healthy. When I had a demo of the holodeck the creator said that the giant spaceship was brought into the sim as a scene...so possibly the video immersion could also be brought in as a scene and recalled again if needed. Here was the test using a rock and torch.















Both objects are in the far corner of the Sim and their positions were saved and rezzed back in successfully. Only problem is that I could not control the holodeck from this distance, but it's good to know that I can put the entire region into a holodeck scene. The current layout is basically a sketch and with the holodeck I will be able to have many layouts available to be displayed at a moments notice.


No comments: