Monday, October 8, 2007

Customization

Linden Labs provides the framework and users create and modify the content. This includes the aesthetic of the IML region, the spider legs I replaced my regular avatar legs with, to the screens streaming in media. I am standing with Nicolas Decatur (avatar) who is the designer of the screens we are going to using in the Panopticon for Steve Anderson's class. I need 16 of these screens and buying, modifying, and setting up each of these is quite tedious. I Love designing in Second Life, but sometimes you just can't get past repetitive tasks...Unless.... you meet the creator of said objects and request a solution. Here Nicolas charged me flat cost of 4500 Linden dollars (usually 300 but I need at least 16) to provide the same object, but instead made the object copyable. This will save me a lot of work in the long run. bzzzrp

No comments: